Diary Of A JJ Virgin Diet Follower Why Do I Want To Do This? My sister who was fifty pounds overweight, diagnosed with high blood pressure,obese, suffered from insomnia, and low energy. In October 2013 she started on the JJ Virgin Diet and by March 2014, five month later she was down fifty-two pounds...

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Let's Be Clear About The Virgin Diet

 

Eat Clean Lean Protein

Cycle 1

 Day 76

Diary of a JJ Virgin Diet Follower

Dear Diary,
Okay, Okay, today, I discovered another plateau culprit that has also been sabotaging my weight loss progress, and slowing down my ability to keep a steady lose-weight roll.  I can't believe that it happened again. As I've said before, by reading the labels on everything and I do mean everything, is the only way to really know what I'm eating. However, sometimes its not as simple as merely reading the labels, sometimes I have to ask questions. Whether its a phone call or prosing a question to someone in the meat department at the grocers. It's imperative that I know.  That is exactly how I recently discovered this new  plateau culprit.
Yep, the plateau culprit is back, another one, a different one, and a totally new plateau culprit.  But, this time, it came in the form of a chi, chi,  chicken. Yes, a chicken.  A packaged chicken with a label that read, free-range, hormone-free, antibiotic-free, and vegetarian diet. A vegetarian diet for chickens, I thought what does that mean? Really. What kind of veggies did the chicken have and why? I briefly imagined, just for a split second, a happy chicken standing in front of and eating from mounds and mounds of carrots, peas, green beans, sweet potatoes and kale and collards-veggie. Not! I was very puzzled about it and decided to ask someone in the meat market department. Soy and corn was their response. That answer left me speechless.. Soy and corn.... Soy and corn....Soy and corn.....
Soy and corn are two of the seven forbidden foods of The Virgin Diet that I have tried so hard to avoid and here I find out it's in the chicken that I'm eating. Unbelievable!! No wonder my steady weight loss success came to a screeching halt....Again! 
The plateau culprit was the chicken with the Vegetarian diet label. Incredible!
So,  from now on,  it is going to be important for me to not only read the labels, but also ask questions and if a label looks different. It never hurt to just ask.
Grass-fed....Grass-fed...Grass-fed... Maybe, if I repeat it enough, it will stick in my memory.
JJ Virgin of The Virgin Diet recommends eating, clean lean protein, from animals that are not fed soy and or corn, but are grass-fed instead.
Alright, another lesson learned. I really have to look and ask when it comes to labels.
After all, that is the only way to find out.
So Diary thanks for listening.
Watch out for labels and those chickens!

 



 



No comments: