Diary Of A JJ Virgin Diet Follower Why Do I Want To Do This? My sister who was fifty pounds overweight, diagnosed with high blood pressure,obese, suffered from insomnia, and low energy. In October 2013 she started on the JJ Virgin Diet and by March 2014, five month later she was down fifty-two pounds...

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Cranberry Delight Smoothie 58

Cranberry Delight Smoothie

Day 58

Cycle 1

Hey Diary,
Today my Breakfast Smoothie consisted of organic frozen cranberries. The cranberries, even though frozen were farm fresh and just right for a morning smoothie. The taste was tart-rich, filling, very satisfying, has a great smooth texture with bits of ruby red berries fibers that fused nicely into the rest of the ingredients. To top it off, today my Breakfast Smoothie was more than just yummy, it was yummy good. 
It's not only good, but the cranberry has many health benefits too, such as: prevents and fights urinary infections, cancer prevention, decrease blood pressure, great for stomach and digestive issues and so much more.  Breakfast smoothie is the key element to The Virgin Diet weight loss process. And it is important for me to have my smoothie with an hour of waking up. It really works, and my 24 lbs. weight loss is my proof that it does.
            Here is my recipe for my Cranberry Delight Smoothie:
                            Cranberry Delight Smoothie
                 1 cup  So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk
                 1 cup frozen Cranberries(rinse with water first)
                 1½ scoop Yellow Pea Protein
                 1½ tablespoon Black Chia seeds
                 1-2 Stevia sprinkles
                 2-3 Filtered water ice cubes
                 
I placed all these ingredients in the Nutr-Bullet blender
                          Blended them until smooth.
                                       Bottoms-up!
Cranberries really made an awesome breakfast smoothie and I felt satiety afterwards. It even held back the cravings until lunch time 5 hours later.
Although cranberries are one of my favorite smoothie berries, I have to make sure that I rotate the berries and fiber (chia and flax seeds) in my smoothie. What I mean is, I should not have the same ingredients all the time. I can have strawberries and flax seed meal one day and cranberries and chia seeds the next. Or blueberries and chia seed on another day, then blackberries and flax seeds on the next day.
According to JJ Virgin, I should rotate all the foods that I eat and don't get stuck on one thing.
For me, rotating my foods keeps things more interesting because I'm not eating the same thing over and over.
Goodbye Diary
Until the next time.
 

No comments: