Diary Of A JJ Virgin Diet Follower Why Do I Want To Do This? My sister who was fifty pounds overweight, diagnosed with high blood pressure,obese, suffered from insomnia, and low energy. In October 2013 she started on the JJ Virgin Diet and by March 2014, five month later she was down fifty-two pounds...

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Sunday, March 13, 2016

The Plateau Culprit

Eureka!

I Found The Plateau Culprit

Cycle 1
 Day 66
Dear Diary,
While following the Virgin Diet, I've hit the plateau for the second time and so far, been unable to bust the plateau. Although , this time, the plateau seems almost impossible to overcome, I know that I will somehow find a way to do it. Why, I am so close to my weight loss goal with just 5 lbs. more to lose... It must be something that I am eating that may be causing me not to lose weight or perhaps I should apply a little more patience and just wait.  Anyway, I decided to investigate.
 After taking a closer look at all the foods, vitamins and supplements and everything that I've consumed on a daily basis for past week, I've found the plateau culprit, the reason for the halt on my weight loss progress.  I mean I really went through everything with a fine tooth comb checking to see if any of the 7 forbidden foods got pass me and slipped into my diet.

Here's what I found...
Two weeks ago, I'd just purchased and began taking a terrific daily organic Vitamin C vitamin capsule, packed with lots and lots of organic fruits and vegetables. Sounds great right? Well, I thought so too.  So, I took it day after day until I realized that my weight loss progress stopped.  I did not gain any more weight, but I didn't lose anything either. I have been locked in the same weight for 7 days now. It just won't budge.
But, I read the ingredient list that was just beneath all the good organic ingredients on the supplemental facts label and...THERE IT WAS!  There was a list of about ten additives that I had no idea what they were. Since I have been reading and checking labels, these additives were totally unfamiliar to me and knew that they were not part of the Virgin Diet program. However, one ingredient that stuck out like a sore thumb was an artificial sugar. That's right artificial sugar, one of the forbidden foods.  Of  course, I stopped taking them right away!  Read the bottom line, that usually where I found these hidden ingredients.
Who knew?  I mean seriously, a vitamin.... Unbelievable!
From now on, I need to write down everything that I eat.  JJ Virgin of The Virgin Diet suggest that I keep a food journal and write down everything that I eat or drink - even how many glasses of water that I drank a day-Everything! "Journaling works because you can only change what you can measure", she says.
That's it, I'm going to start a food journal, first thing. There is more information about how to get start a food journal at www.jjvirgin.com .
There are some studies that show that people who keep a food journal lose weight faster.
So diary, let's start food journaling the Virgin Diet Way!

No comments: