Diary Of A JJ Virgin Diet Follower Why Do I Want To Do This? My sister who was fifty pounds overweight, diagnosed with high blood pressure,obese, suffered from insomnia, and low energy. In October 2013 she started on the JJ Virgin Diet and by March 2014, five month later she was down fifty-two pounds...

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Rules for Dining Out

Dining Out

Cycle 1
Day 61
 
Diary of a Virgin Diet Follower
 
Dear Diary,
 
Following the Virgin Diet is so easy...
However, it's a lot easier to control myself on the Virgin Diet when I'm at home in my little healthy food abode, than with I'm dining out. My little healthy food abode, a place where I'm surrounded by only the acceptable food of  the Virgin Diet regimen. Here at home I have everything that I need to assemble a Virgin Diet Plate meal at my fingertips and can make it happen in a matter of minutes. Yep! Minutes! I love the Virgin Diet's versatility as it offers so many healthy foodie/ meals possibilities.  It's the primary reason for the success of my weight loss and healthy outcome. 
However, what do I do when I'm asked out to lunch or dinner, especially if it is a spur of the moment invite.  
For instance, while leaving the movies, an urge of hunger creeps up while driving pass my favorite restaurant, before I can get back to my little healthy food abode.  What should I do?  Should I try go home or accept the invitation to dinner or lunch?  Stop and eat at a restaurant, of course. Remember, don't skip meals-ever.
So now,  I'm sitting at the table in the restaurant, looking at the menu, and wondering what to order while thinking of  how disastrous my last dining experience was.  I ordered the wrong things and was too embarrassed to ask the server any questions about the menu. And it costed me....Big Time!
So, this time I want to get it right. 
In The Virgin Diet by JJ Virgin, I read that there are easy ways to dine at restaurants and eat healthy and wonderful creations while I continue to follow the plan and enjoying the company of family and friends(make sure I avoid doing the dishes).
Here are some of JJ Virgins favorite tips on eating out:
  1. Survey the entire menu when I sit down
  2. Start with a salad with olive oil and lemon juice or vinegar
  3. Double my vegetable, avoid starches
  4. Never order anything that has descriptive words like: breaded, fried, crunchy,or creamy (No No)
  5. Talk to the server and explain my dietary requirements
  6. Try a new veggie
There are many more tips, but these are some of the ones that I made a difference in my dining out  experience.
Oh, I almost forgot, if the server brings a basket of bread and sits it on the table... just kindly asked that it be removed. Temptation, temptation, temptation. I used to love fresh bread and spread on the table, but not anymore. Unless that something that can revisit in the next Cycle, Cycle 2.
Wow! JJ Virgin has thought of everything, I mean every possible scenario that could intentionally sabotage my ability in reaching my weight loss goals.
Well Diary,
Next time I'm invited to dinner or lunch... I have some great tips that I can used.
Later. 
  

No comments: