Diary Of A JJ Virgin Diet Follower Why Do I Want To Do This? My sister who was fifty pounds overweight, diagnosed with high blood pressure,obese, suffered from insomnia, and low energy. In October 2013 she started on the JJ Virgin Diet and by March 2014, five month later she was down fifty-two pounds...

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Time To Eat

How Often Should I Eat?

Cycle 1

 Day 32

Dear Diary,
  
My most favorite meal of the day is breakfast and drinking my Berry Breakfast Smoothies made with luscious strawberries, blueberries or raspberries, chia, flax seeds, unsweetened coconut milk, and pea protein are awesome! Breakfast Smoothies are so filling and satisfying that they tend to last until lunchtime or beyond.
Although, sometimes it seems as though I could go past the lunch hour-I don't dare do it.  I feel better when I eat meals every 4 hours with one snack (usually brown rice cakes or an apple and almond butter or hummus) a day. When I travel or work-on-the-go, I take my smoothie with me or prepare my meals ahead of time and store in my lunch bag for later. I make sure I manage my meal timing because I don't want to miss or skip meals.  
The Virgin Diet by JJ Virgin has specific meal timing guideline to following:
  • Drink smoothie/Virgin Shake within an hour of waking up
  • Eat every 4-6 hours, 3 meals a day with one snack
  • Do not eat 2-3 hour before going to bed
I found more detailed information about Meal Timing in The Virgin Diet book or at www.jjvirgin.com  about Meal Timing.
Meal timing is imperative to The Virgin Diet and the book helps me better understand why.
So.. this means that I can have a Breakfast smoothie to start my day, 4 hours later lunch, one snack in between, and dinner. Oh, I can't forget.... drink water between meals.
Fresh Strawberries
 for
Smoothie/ Virgin Shake

Following The Virgin Diet by JJ Virgin gets easier everyday and is fast becoming a way of life for me. It's the adventure of a lifetime thanks to JJ Virgin!

Goodbye Diary for now,

No comments: