Diary Of A JJ Virgin Diet Follower Why Do I Want To Do This? My sister who was fifty pounds overweight, diagnosed with high blood pressure,obese, suffered from insomnia, and low energy. In October 2013 she started on the JJ Virgin Diet and by March 2014, five month later she was down fifty-two pounds...

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Thursday, April 14, 2016

The Process of Elimination

What To Do During Cycle 1?

Cycle 1

Dairy of a JJ Virgin Diet Follower

Hey Diary,
I have to repeat Cycle 1 because while I was on vacation, the temptation was so great that I gave in to foods that were not part of the JJ Virgin Diet. I really went off the diet deep end and indulged in foods like fried calamari, fried chicken and waffles, omelets( I did have spinach and mushrooms with it, I wonder,  Does that count? the answer is No!), Budino(Italian custard) and .... okay that is enough...Stop! Stop! Stop! I get the picture.  My vacation was fun, but it really interrupted The Virgin Diet and now I have to repeat Cycle 1, the elimination phase. 
Hydrate Always
The elimination phase, Cycle 1 is critical to the success of The Virgin Diet because it actually sets the stage for entire duration of the diet. This ios my second time on Cycle 1, but the first time on I always practiced the JJ Virgin's 7 Steps to 7 Pounds in 7 Days. 
Here are the JJ Virgin's 7 Steps:
  1. Drop the 7 high-FI(Food Intolerant Foods) Foods for 21 days. The 7 high-FI foods are: Soy, Corn, Sugar and artificial sweeteners, Peanuts, Gluten, Eggs and Diary. The idea is to avoid the 7 foods for the 21 day period. I found the best way to do that is to get rid both my pantry and fridge of the 7 foods first. Get them out of the house! That's what helped me with initial cravings.
  2. Then I learned how to assemble my meals and eat from The Virgin Plate. The Virgin Plate showed me how to assemble meals with clean lean proteins, healthy fats, fiber, glycemic carbs, and vegetables(non starchy veggies), goodbye white mashed potatoes with butter.
  3. Replace one meal with a smoothie( I like my smoothie to start my day) It's great.
  4. Eat every four to 6 hours. Eat within one hour of waking up and eat nothing the last 2-3 hour before bed. So, I have my Breakfast Smoothie within 1 hour of waking up and my last meal and snack 2 to 3 hours before bed. It's soo easy and quickly becomes routine.
  5. Drink water to stay hydrated. How much? I drink half my  body weight in ounces.  That means that if I weighed 160 lbs.  then I should drink 80 ounces of water per day.  As my weight deceases so does my water intake.
  6. Eat more of the healing foods. The healing foods are very filling and minimized my cravings . My favorite healing foods are lamb, coconut milk, kale, raspberries and apples.
  7. Eat lots and lots of fiber, JJ Virgin calls it "Fabulous Fiber". According to JJ Virgin, it's the ultimate weight loss tool. So I make sure that I have it in my toolbox.
One more, I have to make sure that I get at least 6-7 hours of sleep every night. It also helps me to lose weight. (More about that later).
These step are easy to follow and are rapidly becoming routine.
Losing weight is so much fun and the prize is a healthier me.
Diary until the next time.
Stay with it. 

No comments: