Diary Of A JJ Virgin Diet Follower Why Do I Want To Do This? My sister who was fifty pounds overweight, diagnosed with high blood pressure,obese, suffered from insomnia, and low energy. In October 2013 she started on the JJ Virgin Diet and by March 2014, five month later she was down fifty-two pounds...

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Friday, January 15, 2016

Soyless Living

Soy Less Life

Day 9
The First 21 Days

 
Hey Diary,
 
Soy, is one of the 7 foods (NO NO Foods) to avoid on the Virgin Diet regimen.  When I read this about the diet, I was relieved because of my own experience with soy a few years ago.
Years ago, nearly everyone was raving about soy milk and its incredible benefits.  I could hardly wait to try it. But when I started drink soy milk, I noticed that I began to feel different, bloated, tired, and began to gain weight, even though I was eating the same foods that I had always eaten.  I did not like feeling like that- so I stopped drinking soy milk.  Approximately 2 years ago I started eating edamame which are soybeans. I liked the way that they tasted, but again, I revisited the same experience as with the soy milk. And so, I began a soyless life.
Until I started the Virgin Diet, I did not know that soy was bad for some people. It certainly was not good for me. JJ Virgin says that some of the problems with soy is:
  • Disrupts your hormones
  • Bad for your thyroid
  • It's genetically modified
  • It's overly processed
                               It's In The Virgin Diet Book
I also did not know that soy is hidden in foods.
Where?
Asian Foods                         Soy Sauces
Dressings
Energy Shakes and Bars                  And more
Read the labels


 I like the Virgin Diet because I feel healthier, have more energy, sleep better and I am losing weight. Lovin' it!
 



No comments: