Diary Of A JJ Virgin Diet Follower Why Do I Want To Do This? My sister who was fifty pounds overweight, diagnosed with high blood pressure,obese, suffered from insomnia, and low energy. In October 2013 she started on the JJ Virgin Diet and by March 2014, five month later she was down fifty-two pounds...

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Why High Protein Breakfast?

Smoothies

Cycle 1
Diary of a JJ Virgin Diet Follower
Dear Diary,
I just knew that my wonderful breakfast smoothie had more going for it than taste. I recently read about a study that linked high a protein breakfast (like my wonderful smoothie) to weight loss. Apparently, skipping breakfast or eating a low protein breakfast can cause increased weight gain.
That's why it's important to take the time to drink a Very Berry Breakfast Smoothie every morning.. It is loaded with high protein and gets my engine(that's me) started for the day.
According to JJ Virgin( The Virgin Diet book), a recent study compared a high carb breakfast to a low carb breakfast and found that higher protein breakfast slowed down stomach emptying, and kept ghrelin(the hunger hormone) suppressed, which improves satiety.
It's no wonder why my breakfast smoothie keeps the urge to snack or eat between breakfast and lunch at bay. I drink my smoothie within 1 hour of waking up and I am totally full and remain satisfied for more that 4 hours. So amazing! It's such a wonderful feeling too!
The kicker is that everything that I need to fulfill my nutritious breakfast requirements is in my morning smoothie. There's pea protein(not soy or whey, but yellow pea plant protein), coconut milk, chia or flax seed(fiber), and of course, frozen organic berries or throw in some kale or almond nut butter. My smoothie really make my day and it easy to blend up and sip while driving to work.
Spectacular!
JJ Virgin recommends having the smoothie first thing each day, but its good to know that I can also have one for dinner as well, if I like.
Drinking filtered spring water between meals and smoothie is also an important element to this healthy weight loss program. 8oz+8oz+8oz+8oz+8oz+8oz +8oz+8oz=64oz.  Now, that how many glasses of water I should have per day.
I'm very close, about 48 oz. and working toward that 64 oz. mark.
Drink more spring filtered water daily.

Sticking with The Virgin Diet all the way!
Diary it really a beautiful thing!

 

No comments: