Diary Of A JJ Virgin Diet Follower Why Do I Want To Do This? My sister who was fifty pounds overweight, diagnosed with high blood pressure,obese, suffered from insomnia, and low energy. In October 2013 she started on the JJ Virgin Diet and by March 2014, five month later she was down fifty-two pounds...

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Monday, January 18, 2016

Love The Cherry

Love The Cherry

 Not The Cupcake 

Day 12
The First 21 Days
 
"Love the Cherry and Not the Cupcake"
 
Hello Diary,  It's Me,
 
 
 
I was wondering if you knew what gluten is and why I can't have it on the Virgin Diet?
Gluten is another one of the 7 foods ( NO NO Foods) that I Tossed Out a few days before starting The Virgin Diet.
Gluten, pronounced glootn ,a substance present in cereal grains, especially wheat, that is responsible for the elastic texture of dough. A mixture of two proteins, it causes illness in people with celiac disease. JJ Virgin says "Gluten is a form of protein found in wheat, rye, barley, and many processed foods". When I think of glutens, I think of the word glue that make stuff thick, sticky, gooey, and hard to get rid of...oh well ,you get the picture.
Where can I find these Gluten? Gluten have some interesting hiding place: Here's a list:
  • Bread and rolls (uhh, I use to just love the smell of fresh bread)
  • Pizza
  • Pancakes( I already gave my spill on pancake in an earlier post)
  • Muffins
  • Waffles
  • Stuffings
  • Cakes (Cupcake too!)
  • Some breakfast cereals
  • Rye bread
  • Pretzels
  • Luncheon meat contain fillers
  • Blue cheeses
  • Gravy mixes and stock cubes
  • Hydrolyzed Vegetables
  • Imitation crab meat
  • Biscuits
  • Pasta (Oh no, not pasta... yeah pasta too!)
  • Pumpernickel (there goes my pastrami sandwich)
  • Mustard
  • Curry powder and other spice (can contain flour as filler)
  • Soup
  • Instant coffee
  • Alcoholic drinks (beer, ale, lager)
  • Potato chips some may okay-read the label
  • Soy sauce
  • Salad dressings
  • Malt vinegar
  • White pepper
  • Baked beans
  • Self basting turkey
The list goes on and on. Find out more at www.virgindiet.com
 
I read in The Virgin Diet Book about how gluten can cause Celiac disease, leaky gut, weight gain and can even make it almost impossible me to lose weight.
Wow! Glootn, that's huge!
So Glootn.. you got to go...Adios!
Note to self... It's better to eat the cherry and just forget about the cupcake.
Later Diary,
.
 


No comments: