Diary Of A JJ Virgin Diet Follower Why Do I Want To Do This? My sister who was fifty pounds overweight, diagnosed with high blood pressure,obese, suffered from insomnia, and low energy. In October 2013 she started on the JJ Virgin Diet and by March 2014, five month later she was down fifty-two pounds...

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Thursday, January 21, 2016

It's a Pea Not a Nut!

                                  

 What? 

Peanut is not nut

A Peanut is not a nut!

                                                                      
Day 15
The First 21 Days
 
Okay Diary,
So today, I discovered that a peanut is not a nut, its a legume.  You know like the black-eyed pea, green split pea, black bean, lentil, and lima bean...legume. I have been duped! I should have known because a nut grows on a tree and legume grow beneath the ground. Who knew! Not I.
So why do peanuts taste so good and ... why can't I have them on The Virgin Diet??  For one, the peanut has high allergenic properties triggering food allergies and although it has adequate protein, its fatty acid profile is inadequate.
JJ Virgin says, "Tree nuts have a far superior fatty profile than legumes like peanuts".
Peanuts can cause gut problems and may cause arterial plaque to form.
The Virgin Diet recommends tree nuts such as: walnuts, almonds, pecans, brazil nuts, and cashews which makes a healthier food choice.
My favorite is the walnut... yummy yum. Especially when slow roasted with a sprinkle of flaky sea salt and a drizzle of red palm oil or olive oil, Mmmm, what a nice crunchy snack.
Slow Roasted Walnuts
Yummy Snack!


 
Peanuts are not always found in its original nut-like form. It can hide in various foods like:
  • Peanut butter( usually have sugar added for taste)
  • Candy
  • Snacks
  • Cookies
  • Eggs roll(oh nooo...  anyway)
  • Cereals
  • Margarine
  • Milk formula
  • Peanut Oil
  • Food toppings
Yes, you've got it, the list goes on and on.
Read the book -The Virgin Diet for more about the peanut and why I had to eliminate it from my diet in the first 21 days.
So Diary remember, The Pea is not a nut, okay.
The Virgin Diet consist of dropping 7 foods for 7 days and lose 7 pounds.
The 7 foods are eliminated on The Virgin Diet are Gluten, Corn, Soy, Sugar, Eggs, Dairy and Peanuts.
Tomorrow I will reveal my weight progress. I know diary, you can't wait!
Until then...











 



No comments: