Diary Of A JJ Virgin Diet Follower Why Do I Want To Do This? My sister who was fifty pounds overweight, diagnosed with high blood pressure,obese, suffered from insomnia, and low energy. In October 2013 she started on the JJ Virgin Diet and by March 2014, five month later she was down fifty-two pounds...

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Saturday, February 20, 2016

What's This In My Food?

                            

What's This In My Food?

Read The Labels and  Find Out

Cycle 1

Day 44

Hello Diary,
 
Read, Read. Read. Reading the product labels are so important that I just cannot, cannot stress it enough. There are many by-products in various forms of the 7 foods that JJ Virgin says I should avoid. And these by-products are lurking in places where I least expect them trying to sabotage my weight loss progress. Really? Yes really!
Here is what happened when I didn't read the product label on my bottle of Liquid Stevia (the bottle has "Organic Liquid Stevia", 461 Servings, printed on the front label). Stevia is a sugar substitute made from the leaves of an herb plant from South America.
Look at the Labels
Find the Hidden Foods

 
What happened was....
Today, I used the last drop of Stevia for my morning coffee when I discovered something very interesting. Taking the new bottle of Stevia from the shelf of the cupboard, I noticed that the Stevia in the new bottle was different, the color was dark. I immediately read the product label to find that the only ingredient in the new bottle of Stevia is concentrated Stevia leaves in purified water.  Then I look at my old bottle of Stevia and here is what I found:
Ingredients:
  • De-ionized water
  • Certified Stevia extract
  • Stevia Rebaudiana (Leaf) 
  • Organic Alcohol (Unbelievable)
The ingredient, Organic Alcohol stood out like a sore thumb because I didn't know that alcohol could be organic.  So. I Googled-it, and found that organic alcohol is alcohol made from organically grown grains and grapes. Wow! Grains and grapes are two by-product on The Virgin Diet's 7 forbidden foods list. The deionized water is water with all the minerals distracted from it, I don't need that in my Stevia either. Honestly, I did not know that organic alcohol was in the Stevia until I actually looked. My bad. Even though the front of the Stevia bottles said Organic Liquid Stevia, I should have read the back of the bottle's product information too. (read the product label).
I went back to the health food store and got some Stevia Powder.
The ingredients are Stevia Leaves, and that's all.  Eureka!!
By my not reading the product label on my bottle of Stevia, might have caused me to prematurely plateau early on.( bringing my weight loss progress to a halt). 
Anyway, from now on,  I have got to Read, Read, Read, those product labels so that I can be certain that I am staying clear of the 7 forbidden foods of The Virgin Diets during Cycle 1.
RULE:  Look for clean products label which listed 3 ingredients or less.
Okay Diary ,
I going to become a BLR(Better Label Reader).
Goodbye
 
 


No comments: