Diary Of A JJ Virgin Diet Follower Why Do I Want To Do This? My sister who was fifty pounds overweight, diagnosed with high blood pressure,obese, suffered from insomnia, and low energy. In October 2013 she started on the JJ Virgin Diet and by March 2014, five month later she was down fifty-two pounds...

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Monday, February 29, 2016

Fruity Foodie

Toodie Fruity Foodie

Day 53

Cycle 1
 
 
Dear Diary,
Fruity Foodie Fruity because I love fruit, fresh, frozen, I love it! Of course, the best fruit is organic.
However, since I've become a JJ Virgin Diet Follower, I've discovered that the all fruit is not created equal. There are some fruits that should be avoided because they can affect blood sugar levels. 
The Virgin Diet is a basically a low glycemic (low sugar to no sugar derived from the fruit that I eat), high fiber carbs diet regimen. And so, in order to continue losing weight and feeling great, I'll have to stick with the low-moderate glycemic index fruits.
According to JJ Virgin, foods that are lower on the glycemic index are generally less refined and have more fiber, giving you a nice, slow release of energy. For example, processed fruits with added sugar in packages are more refined has little to no fiber at all. 
 Sooo, what's a glycemic index?  Oh, that's like a rating system used to measure how the food, in this case fruit, that I eat affects my blood sugars.
Blueberry Fruity
 

There are High-glycemic index fruit, Moderate glycemic index fruit, and Low glycemic index fruit. A good rule to remember is: 
Rule # 1
  • Avoid high-glycemic fruits and moderate-glycemic fruit mainly during Cycle 1. Stick with the low-glycemic fruit!
So off the top of my head, I suppose high-glycemic index fruit is packed with sugar, not good for me and can make gain more weight. That's right!
Wherein low glycemic fruit is better because it keeps my blood sugar levels at bay and because of its fiber content, helps me lose weight.
Well now, just what are these low-glycemic fruits that I should eat?
Low-Glycemic Index Fruits are:
  • Raspberries( my absolute favorite berry)
  • Blueberries (I like this one too!)
  • Strawberries (mmmm!)
  • Loganberries (I don't know this one)
  • Blackberries (Yummy!)
  • Gooseberries (I don't know this one either)
  • Boysenberries (I've never)
Moderate-Glycemic Index Fruit(Not too much of this)
  • Limes(great on cilantro and avocado salad)
  • Lemons(occasional lemonade very good)
  • Cherries
  • Pears
  • Peaches
  • Apples(makes a great snack, but not too much)
  • Pomegranates (I like them, but, I'll stay away)
 
Before The Virgin Diet, I used to enjoy these high-glycemic index fruits. and had no idea how much they were affecting my weight.
Pineapple was my ultimate favorite, I actually carved and sliced it myself. Last summer, I would by and consume at least one pineapple per week. It's was a very hot summer and the Cool Pineapple made summers extra special. So, bye, bye Cool Pineapple! The low glycemic index fruit is the "New Kid" on the block.
Here are the ones to avoid:
High-Glycemic Index Fruit(Stay away from all of these)
  • Bananas (No)
  • Pineapple (No)
  • Watermelon (No)
  • Mango (No)
  • Grapes (No)
 
Now a days, I only focus on the low-glycemic index fruits for healthier fruit selection. And, the best way for me to get my daily low-glycemic index fruit requirements is in my Breakfast Smoothies. Yep! that the best way to start my day or I say it's the best way in waking up is.... Breakfast Berry Smoothies! They are fresh, tasty, refreshing, nutritious, satisfyingly filling, and energizing.
I drink my Breakfast Smoothie within the first hour of getting up.
I love it!
Well Diary,
From the Fruit Foodie,
 
 
 
 


 

 

 

 



No comments: