Diary Of A JJ Virgin Diet Follower Why Do I Want To Do This? My sister who was fifty pounds overweight, diagnosed with high blood pressure,obese, suffered from insomnia, and low energy. In October 2013 she started on the JJ Virgin Diet and by March 2014, five month later she was down fifty-two pounds...

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Healing Foods For Better Health

Eat Healing Foods Daily

Cycle 1

 Day 45

Dear Diary,
Cycle 1, the Elimination Phase of The Virgin Diet has introduced me to some of the most amazing Healing Foods I've ever encountered. Foods that are healing my GI tract, reduce inflammation, balance blood sugar, support healthy gut bacteria, and help me have healthy poops 2 or 3 times a day.(Yep, poops are important too).
According to JJ Virgin, some of the most powerful healing foods are organic vegetables. Healing foods include organic fruits, vegetable, and spices. Here are a few of my favorites derived from JJ Virgin's list of healing foods:
Organic Carrots

  • Beets: Beets are rich in betacyanin, which helps lower homocysteine, an amino acid that increases my risk for heart disease. and stroke. Beet also help cleanse your blood and are great for liver health.
  • Avocado: (love avocados) Supports immune function and libido. It is a very healthy source of monounsaturated fats. Serving suggestion-sliced or mashed up with lime, cilantro, and  salsa. I also like an avocado salad with slices of avocado  sprinkle of  salt, olive oil and balsamic vinegar drizzled on top. Yumm, Yum.
  • Blueberries: High in fiber and antioxidant, which help heal my digestive tract and keep it function in top condition. Help reverse the aging process
  • Cilantro: (I love fresh cilantro-it's delicious) Helps pull killer metals, like lead and mercury from my blood and flush them out. It helps my immune system heal and allows my food intolerance to evaporate.
  • Coconut: Known as an antiviral food which contain medium-chain triglycerides (MCT's) which are good for metabolism and circulation. It also stimulate metabolism to promote weight loss. It helps reduce microbial overgrowth, fungus, and intestinal yeast-its a high-antioxidant food. (Coconut is great!)
  • Sweet potato: Rich in carotenoids antioxidants anticancer) and is a natural way to satisfy my sweet tooth. It doesn't spike my blood sugar and makes my feel full.
  •  Sea Salt: I use this sparingly. It is rich in mineral. I avoid regular table salt because it can set my up for high blood pressure, heart disease, and kidney disease.
  • Seafood, especially salmon, sardines, sole, and scallops: These are gut healing foods and are full of omega -3s, the healing fats that fight inflammation and support metabolism.
  • Xylitol: Natural sugar alcohol helps with acid-alkaline balance-very good for weight loss.
There are more healing food listed in The Virgin Diet book. These are just some of my favorites.
Since I have been following The Virgin Diet, healing foods have become a major part my diet.  And the extraordinary benefits of these healing foods are golden.
Perhaps, I am what I eat after all.
Until later,
Diary



No comments: